An application in Accengage is the description of your support and includes all the necessary information for routing a notification
Whether you are using an iOS or Android application, you should first activate the push service (APNs, C2D< or GCM) to be able to use Accengage.
See the two Accengage reference guides.
- iOS Notification Programming Guide - Provisioning Procedures
- Android Notification Programming Guide - Android Cloud to device messaging http://developer.android.com/guide/google/gcm/index.html
We strongly recommend switching to a GCM push protocol for Android. Google no longer guarantees C2DM platform support.
Creating a mobile application
Click on the menu Settings > Manage applications. The list of applications associated with your profile will be displayed.
- To create a new application, please contact the Project Manager affiliated to your account for your request. After validation, the support team will create the desired new application (s), which you can edit to add the information below.
Depending on what OS you select, you will need to enter certain details.
- IOS : specify if it is a production or development certificate. Please note, only one certificat can be uploaded at a given time.
Android : enter Android sender ID and password of the C2DM account. If you now use GCM, enter the keyword and the password
- For iOS, you can specify whether you have a push development certificate or Sand box APNs certificate by ticking the box.
- To receive tokens from your app users, you must type in the login details which were sent to you with your SDK, i.e. your Partner ID and your Private Key.
Once your application has been filled, submit your form to create the application. The status tells you whether the connection to APN C2DM or, more recently, GCM was successful or not.
- No certificate: The certificate has not been uploaded
- Invalid password: The certificate has not been converted properly. Either the certificate is invalid, or the password is incorrect
- The Gateway has rejected the connection: Connection to the Gateway failed. The certificate has most probably expired
- Active: The certificate is valid for sending (operational)
I attached a valid certificate and I cannot send notifications outside the app.On iOS, attach the right certificate to the application that you are creating on the Accengage interface. If your application is being developed with a development certificate, then tick the "Development certificate" box. If your application is being compiled with a push production certificate, then leave the box unticked. You will then be routed to the APN production platform. For any other questions, do not hesitate to contact Accengage support.
To use the Accengage in-app formats, in your application you first need to enter:
- In what views messages will be displayed within your application (e.g. you want your in-app messages to display only in the “Home” and “Subscription” sections).
- The status and targeting used for the messages displayed.
- The templates (formats) of messages to be displayed
- What orientation is supported (portrait/landscape)
- The application type: telephone, tablet or universal application
- Events to be targeted
Below is a view of Accengage advanced settings
Accengage allows 3 message formats that can be sent :
- Text or web banner
- Text or web interstitial
- Pop-up messages
The Accengage software development kit (SDK) provides a list of banner and interstitial templates and you may:
- Use these as they are, without modifying them
- Customise them
- Develop new templates (duplicate one of the templates and adjust it)