Follow the marketing performance indicators for your actions through your report statistics
- Go to the menu Statistics > push notifications
- Select your application in the drop-down menu that is at the top right.
- Choose the time period for which you wish to consult your campaign statistics by selecting default periods proposed or your own period with personalised dates. The date on which the messages are currently filtered is the date on which the campaign was created.
- Click on the button "search" to confirm your choice to display the campaigns for the period selected.
The default view displays the overall campaigns. If you wish to see a per-message summary for the given time period, click on “Display statistics per message”. The messages that were sent during the selected time period will then be displayed.
For even more details, you have the choice between :
- Displaying detailed campaign statistics
- Displaying statistics per profile (according to the statistical segmentation criteria defined in your database)
- Exporting the app user IDs for message reactions
Just click on the button that you will find at the right side
Consult the key information from your campaigns:
- Target : number of recipients (Target)
- Bounces : number of feedback from the Google and Apple platforms
- Reached : number of completions (= Target – bounce)
- Clicks : number of click to the notification received (in global)
The overall indicators are the same as those for a classic notification. A special feature of automatic messages is that you can also display a day-by-day breakdown of the messages sent since the launch of your campaign.
For in-app notifications, the performance of your messages is measured through the following indicators :
- Impression : Impressions refer to the overall number of displays of the message.
- Unique impression: Unique impressions refer to the number of users for whom the message has been displayed at least once.
- Clicks : Clicks refer to the overall number of clicks on the in-app message.
- Clickers : Clickers refer to the number of users that have clicked at least once on the in-app message.
As with the classic notification statistics, for each in-app message, you can export the list of app users who have reacted to (clicked on) your in-app message. You can do this by using the export function on each result line.
For elements containing various action buttons (banners with a close button, pop-up message), your interface now allows you to display one detail per specific action button (action buttons or close button) You can then open or close the message details.
You can also a day-by-day breakdown of when your in-app messages were displayed by clicking on the icon . A modal window will appear as in the example below.
In the same way as for in-app statistics, you can collect feedback from your campaigns with scheduled alarms.
Go to the menu Statistics > scheduled alarms
Programmed : number of times that the alarm was placed
Cliked : number of times that a user clicked on an alarm
To access to your geofence statistics go to the menu Statistics > Geofencing.
The filter allows you to select the period you want to display the data (the people who were in all areas, specifically area or two areas in particular )
The indicator part allows you to select what will be "visible" on the map. We have the choice between average time and unique entrance.
The displayed values are the average time in seconds or the number of entries. According to you filter, if you display the average time the color code will be in the red hues , if the number of rounds will be tinted blue entrance.
All of the results is available in CSV export and to export this type of information : By default sorting is done by geofence area ( in the order they have been created) . You can then refine the sorting after export.
You can check on the interface the monthly report of your application. Click on the Menu Statistiques > Reporting > click on the csv icon of the month that you want
Below is the detail of the indicators :
- Registered profiles : overall number of users who have installed the application on the date of export
- Number of optins : overall number of users who have agreed to receive notifications
- Number of push messages : overall number of push messages sent during the month
- Number of push recipients : cumulative overall number of users who have received at least one push message during the month
- Number of automatic messages : overall number of automatic messages sent during the month
- Number of automatic messages recipients : cumulative sum of users who have received at least one automatic message during the month
- Number of in-app messages : overall number of in-app messages sent during the month
- Number of in-app messages recipients : cumulative overall number of users who have received at least one scheduled alarm, during the month of users who have received at least one in-app message during the month
- Number of scheduled alarms : overall number of scheduled alerts sent during the month
- Number of scheduled alarms recipients : cumulative overall number of users who have received at least one scheduled alarm, during the month
- Number of canceled scheduled alarms : overall number of scheduled alarms canceled during the month
- Number of active users : overall number users who have opened the application during the month
On the home page of the dashboard, you can directly check an historic of your application statistic's. Click on the csv file
Here is the description of the figures you have on the csv sheet "Application statistics history" :
- Devices: overall number of users of your application
- Optout: number of users who refused to receive push notifications
- Unsubscriptions / Uninstallation: Number of users for who we have bounces (from APNs, Gcm, Adm, WPNS) when we send push notifications (messages are not transmitted). In this case, there is two options : the users are unsubscribed to push notifications or are uninstalled the application
- Optin (users): Number of users who have agreed to receive push notifications.
- Active users: Number of users who have opened the application at least once during the last 30 days
- Optin to optout: number of users who initially agreed to receive notifications (optin) and subsequently withdrew that agreement (optout). This indicator is calculated by taking the daily figure compared to the previous day.
- Notifications sent: Number of notifications (including classic and automated push) that have been sent during the last 30 days
Warning ! These indicators are recalculating every 4 hours. So, it is possible that you notice few differences between the figures on the Dashboard (that are on real time) compared to the csv file